Friday, June 4, 2010

ePals/Google Docs

I put a document containing the description of the ePals assignment I worked on last semester in the folder for our group. I was not able to locate any other documents for this assignment so if they exist, please let me know how to find them (It showed the folder as empty). The seed exchange we proposed was a little involved but I liked the idea of there being more to it than just exchanging seeds with one school and seeing how they grew. I think kids are more involved when they are doing their own inquiries and investigations. I seem to be stuck on a comparison theme though.

Please feel free to change the document in any way. I would like to broaden my way of thinking about this project in general so I can begin to see the big picture. I feel like I have a lot of little parts and so far, the only way I've been able to connect them is through focusing on a few objectives. The concept map, for me, was like a list of objectives and I want to be sure each branch is covered. I am struggling with the micro view of it and some of the semantics (how the project would play out in a classroom). Perhaps if you all shared a brief summary of your lessons, I could add them to the concept map? I am not trying to make more work for anyone but I would like to be able to see other ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    I think this is a fabulous start to the project. I like the fact that it is involved, and takes a big-picture view of things. I am the kind of person who tends to get caught up in the details. Great job. Thanks for being so on top of things. I was in Detroit all week with my wife for her hip surgery. She is home now, but very dependent on me for help. I appreciate your patience with me as I try to accommodate both school and family.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I can't find the folder, where is it located??

    ReplyDelete